Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Girls Bedroom: Girly Aqua Pink Combo

My daughter's bedroom is so girly and so 'her'. I went for something slightly more grown up as I want the room to last. I always knew if I had a girl she would have white furniture for her bedroom. It was exciting to use white as rest of the house is dark wood.


The room was designed around the quilt. I selected fabrics and style and the wonderful Leigh at Sakurako made it. The quality is amazing! The blue/rose fabric you see is the backing to the quilt. It was the backdrop I used at Sophie's 1st birthday party.



I couldn't resist so had a matching set made for her dolls bed as a birthday gift. The dolls bed is from ikea - I painted it white to match Sophies.

  
I used the same fabric from her quilt in the frames for her frame wall. The frames were collected from op shops. I then sprayed them all in primer and painted in white enamel paint. I placed a frame with no glass around her wooden name, the hearts are cut out from scrapbook paper.
Tip: Use water based enamel to avoid yellowing.


The bird & girl prints are amazing detailed paintings that have been recreated into prints. They can be purchased from: Noi 


On the other side of Miss S's room is her special toys and some pretties on display. Whilst we have an activity room both the kids have a selection of their favourite/special toys and books in their bedrooms. The white toy box is from Kmart - I added aqua/white polka dot contact to jazz it up a little.



Wooden name blocks:  Lilly Pilly Arts


As you enter Miss S's room they is a wall decal, its subtle which I love. The wall decal is from My Friend Matilda . I have purchased many wall decals between my old house and this house from Rebekah. She is lovely!
On the wall the door opens onto is the hair clip board which I made. I painted a canvas and selected ribbon to match the colours in her bedroom. I attached the ribbon with a staple gun.




No comments:

Post a Comment