Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Recipe: Chicken Tikka with Cauliflower Mash


This is my son's favourite meal. If you ask him what his favourite food is he will tell you it's cauliflower mash. I tend to make this dinner on Kindy days as its so quick and easy but full of flavour. It's healthy too!


CHICKEN TIKKA WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH

Serves 3 (or 2 big servings)

INGREDIENTS:
50g Natural Yoghurt
50g Tikka Paste
200g Chicken Breast
Whole Cauliflower
270ml Can of Coconut Cream
60g Baby Spinach (small bag)

METHOD:
1) Few hours before dinner mix the natural yoghurt and tikka paste together in a bowl or container. Stir in the chicken breast until well coated then cover and pop into the fridge.
2) Cut up the cauliflower and steam over boiling water
3) Meanwhile heat a large non stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and marinade
4) Cook whilst stirring until chicken is mostly cooked through
5) Add the coconut cream to the pan and stir until coconut cream bubbles and slightly thickens
6) Turn the heat off and stir in the baby spinach
7) Place the steamed cauliflower into a bowl. Use a stick blender to blend cauliflower til smooth.
8) Put large spoonfuls off cauliflower mash into a bowl and spoon over the chicken tikka curry

TIPS: If you prefer a thicker curry use less coconut cream or add cornflour. We like ours saucy to mix in with the mash. Do not steam cauliflower til soft as you'll end up with a watery mash. Cauliflower should be hot but still firm.




If you'd like to save this recipe for later click the title then pin this image


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this, thanks.

Unknown said...

Looks yummo! Think my kids will love this one. xx

Bec said...

What a delicious recipe! I love curry any time any day and have recently been using cauli rice. I am going to give this a go! Bec x

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

I make curry about once a week and always looking for different ones to try that dont have too many ingredients or too fussy for a mid week meal. This looks yummo!!

Unknown said...

This looks great, simple and delicious!

Anne said...

Will definitely try this - chicken tikka is always delicious and the addition of the cauliflower mash is a great idea.

Unknown said...

I love a good curry dish. Although I'm still partial to my slow cooker as my fav cut is thigh. This sounds like a great quick recipe, adding the yoghurt & spice to the chicken before cooking would make the meat super moist, yum!
It's making me hungry just thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

Is this the Michelle Bridges recipe?

Lime & Mortar said...

MBs is a bit different. I adapted it to suit my tastes :)

ThermomixBlogger Helene said...

omg, just spotted this on the Foodie Friday linkup and it's SO my kind of recipe... can't wait to make it in the Thermomix ;-)

Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & Soldiers said...

Great recipe I think mine will like this too so am going to make it this week. Yum!

Post a Comment