Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Recipe: Rocky Road Pancakes

Pancakes are a delicious treat breakfast in our home. One morning my husband put mini marshmallows in the kids pancakes. This got my mind ticking so I added choc chips and peanuts to create rocky road pancakes. My son loves to add jam to his after which completes rocky road taste if you like berry in yours. These are sugar overload but fantastic as a treat or dessert.
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES

Makes 12

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1 cup Milk
1 Egg
3 TBS Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence

Choc Chips
Unsalted Peanuts
Mini Marshmallows

METHOD:
1) Place all ingredients into a bowl or jug that mixture can be poured from.
2) Whisk all ingredients until combined and smooth
3) Heat non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add butter or spray oil and pour mixture in the pan
4) Once bubbles start to appear on the pancakes sprinkle on mini marshmallow, choc chips and peanuts then flip them over. Turn heat down to low-medium
5) Once golden on both sides transfer to a plate
6) Repeat step 3-5 until all the mixture has been used.
7) These are great on their own or you can add ice cream
 To save this recipe for later, click the title and pin this image


9 comments:

Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid said...

Yumbo! Eating these would be like taking a one way ticket to Pancake Heaven! Genius!

Mystery Case said...

Drooling. Not sure I could eat these myself but setting aside your recipe to include for our next birthday breakfast/brunch.

Jess - A Little Part of the World said...

These look perfect for a special treat!! The kids would love these. I would just leave the peanuts out for them or chop them up into smaller bits. Jx

Fleur - Our Urban Box said...

Yum! I think the kids would love these.

Unknown said...

Wow, just wow... Amazing!

Unknown said...

Now this I had to see, we make (scarp that) I make picklets every Sunday and I think my kids would love this... And me just quietly!

Lucy @ Bake Play Smile said...

HOLY MOLY!!! This is the best thing ever! I would never ever have thought to make rocky road pancakes! Yum! Thanks for joining Fabulous Foodie Fridays!! x

Unknown said...

YES PLEASE! Any excuse to have chocolate and marshmallows. Delish!

Unknown said...

This would be great fun for a dessert or late afternoon snack. Yum! #FFF

Post a Comment