Pages

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Jenni's Home Tour - Part 2

Last week was Part 1 of Jenni's House Tour (see post here). It showed off Jenni's 3 children's bedrooms. This week we have part 2 showing before and afters for the dining room, lounge & master bedroom. Again the descriptions are written by Jenni. What huge transformations! I especially love the lounge room. I really love colour in a home and Jenni has done it so wonderfully.

Dining room
We removed the old French doors, which we found intruded into the space too much, and sold them on ebay. Another thing we did early on was the replace the lights. I really love the mint diamond cage lights in this room, which we ordered through Empirical Style. The geometric lines of the lights add interest, which is amplified by the grouping of the three lights together. We ripped up the old Lino in this room only to discover a lot of repair work was required on the underlying floorboards. During repair, we needed to remove the old balustrade, and had a new square set half wall built in it's place. It gives the room a cleaner, more modern look. The artwork in here is also by Urban Road.
BEFORE
AFTER

Lounge room: We started by painting throughout and I chose a grey base in 3/4 Snowdonia from Wattyl, as I love the way my artworks look against it. We had varnished timber trims around all the doors and frames, so we had those painted white. We recently had the floorboards lightly limewashed throughout as I wanted a light coloured floorboard without a golden look. We also recently got a new family sized lounge from Freedom furniture and love it! The mint cabinet is an old TAFE cabinet that we purchased from Gumtree and painted. I love the knobs we used, which are geometric wall hangers from Rare Rabbit. I got my husband to modify them for use as knobs. The artworks I have around the house are mostly either by Urban Road or an artist local to me, Annie Everingham. I have one of her cushions, too, and really love it!
BEFORE
AFTER

Master Room - So far, we have painted the walls in Wattyl Snowdonia (3/4 strength), and the trims in gloss white (the same as in our lounge room). We also recently replaced the old green carpet with a new mottled grey wool carpet by Hycraft. My favourite items in here are the artwork above the bed, St Tropez by Annie Everingham. I love the colours, and I think it sets a dreamy mood, perfect for a bedroom. I also love the copper lamp from Freedom furniture. It is simple and stylish, and I love those light globes with the exposed elements! In the (hopefully near) future, we are planning on turning an existing walk-in robe into an ensuite and adding a built-in wardrobe in here instead.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Leanne, for featuring our ongoing renovation on your fabulous blog. It's been fun and an absolute pleasure!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful house! I adore the artwork chosen

Unknown said...

Love Jenni's home - I love her IG and follow along. Amazing what she has achieved!! :)

Post a Comment