Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Slow Cooker Choc Coconut Cake


I only recently discovered you can bake cakes in your slow cooker. Did you know this?!

I have done a few different cakes and they turn out so moist and are especially nice when warm. I was using my 3.5L slow cooker but the cakes turn out quite flat and oval shape. I got myself a 1.5L mini slow cooker from Woolworths so now my cakes are small and tall. I made up this creation yesterday so i thought i would share the recipe with you. I was thinking of icing it but with the kids it's less messy without icing and also easier to wrap in glad wrap for my sons lunchbox. The taste reminds me of coconut rough



SLOW COOKER CHOC COCONUT CAKE

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 cup Choc Chips

METHOD:
1) In a bowl mix all the ingredients together until well combined
2) Line the base of your slow cooker bowl with baking paper
3) Pour the cake batter into the slow cooker bowl
4) Place a dry clean tea towel over the top of the bowl and put on the lid (this stops the moisture dripping down onto the cake)
5) Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then switch to LOW for 1 hour.
6) Turn onto a cooling rack to cool, or enjoy hot with some ice cream or custard


Want to save this recipe for later? Click the title then Pin this image


Whilst you enjoy a slice (or 2) check out This Little Yellow House - The Land family are adding another storey, you should see their amazing city views!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you could make cakes in a slow cooker - this could be dangerous!!

Thank you for linking up with us for Fabulous Foodie Fridays :)

Post a Comment