Pages

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Kids Party: Shabby Chic

For my daughter's 1st birthday i wanted something very girly. As she was only turning one she wasn't particularly into anything so i decided to go with a shabby chic theme. Lots of pink, blue, roses & lace. The back drop used behind the sweets table was the fabric used in Miss S's quilt in her bedroom.


The party invites were made my a talented friend: Cub and Bunny 


I like to make signs for the front door for when people arrive. Now i have a much bigger portico at our house ill be able to get more creative.


I enjoy baking and making party food so i mostly make all the kids party food myself. The little brownies tend to be known as 'my thing'. I have them at every kids birthday party but change what i top them with.






Above the savoury food table i made a timeline of monthly photos along with a milestone poster (also made by Cub and Bunny)


Meatballs tend to be popular with the kids but the don't look very appealing. For this party i made little flags for them using lollipop sticks and washi tape.


I got my inspiration for the cake from pinterest. . . i think everyone has seen this style cake now. It's bit daunting as you don't know if the cake has turned out right until you cut it open on the day. I was very happy with how well the icings matched the inside of the cake.



Food table cards can be purchased and downloaded from: Edesign Graphics
Learn how to make your own tissue pom poms: Martha Stewart Step-by-Step

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG amazing!

Deepika.Menon said...

I really appreciate the effort you have given to this post. I am looking forward for your next post. I found this informative and interesting blog.
Chocolate Fountain On Hire in Hyderabad | Popcorn On Hire in Hyderabad | Cotton Candy On Hire in Hyderabad | Ice Gola On Hire in Hyderabad | Sweet corn On Hire in Hyderabad

Post a Comment